Our fishing lake is stocked with carp and a mixture of other species including: tench, roach, perch, Catfish and Pike. Our fishing lake is the perfect place for the novice angler young or old to come and enjoy the pleasure of catching fish.
- Live baits can ONLY be used caught from our lake only.
- Bait boats may be used sensibly (do not cross other anglers lines/swims etc.
- Fishing from boats is permitted ( boat insurance must be on file in the office).
- Barbed hooks may be used if you are confident of removing them without damage to fish otherwise barbless hooks must be used.
- Strong long reach forceps/pliers to help remove hooks.
- Hook degorger compulsory.
- Large landing net adequate to safely land fish – minimum 42”.
- Pan nets can be used for smaller species in addition.
- Large unhooking mat cradle adequate to protect the fish.
- Do NOT retain fish overnight , please take any photograph quickly and then return fish as soon as possible.
- Anglers must have Carp Care kits and use as appropriate.
- Minimum 15lb mainline whilst fishing on the bottom of water. lower lb mainline acceptable for float fishing and where targeting smaller species
- No fixed weight rigs – Safety clips or free running rigs only.
- All fish to be returned promptly and safely.
- Do not lift Cats by bottom jaw without supporting their body weight.
- Under no circumstance introduce any fish from anywhere other than the lake in which you are fishing.
- If you suspect or witness any wrongdoing or suspicious behaviour – inform Greengrass Park Staff immediately. We have a zero tolerance policy for any mistreatment of fish.
- When photographing fish, support the fish over a large unhooking mat, kneel and never stand up with the fish.
- As a guideline please use rods and line strong enough to land the biggest fish in the lake. Why risk losing your best ever fish because you have not got the right tackle.
- A guideline of minimum 15lb mono or 20lb braid please.
- Hopefully the fish are only going to get bigger (currently 70lb).
- My preference would be 30lb mono or 40lb braid. Abrasion resistant leaders are also required to reduce chances of the cats pads rubbing through your hook link..
- Rigs/line etc may be checked.
- Environment Agency rod licence(s).
- No excessive noise, alcohol or behaviour.
- No tree climbing or cutting of trees. No open fires.
- Please take all litter (especially hooks and line) home with you.
- Please keep the toilets clean and tidy for the benefit of all to use.
- Anglers please at ALL times respect each others choice of fishing styles and quarry and enjoyment of the facilities available.
- Do NOT leave rods unattended (maximum 3 rods).
- All cars must park in the car park.
- We are open 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
- If for any reason we need to close we will give prior notice where possible.
Night fishing is strictly by authorisation only. If unauthorised you will be asked to leave. Please do not arrive expecting to night fish otherwise. There is NO SPECIFIC PEG BOOKING at this time.
EACH 24hr PERIOD RUNS 10am – 10am. You are expected to have vacated your peg by 10am in time for next Anglers.
- 3 rods max – £25.00 per 24 hr session each.
- Day Ticket (upto 3 rods) – £10.00
To book Email firstname.lastname@example.org